Send us a message and we’ll get back to you shortly.
Methuen, MA 01844
Need an Electrician?
Get In Touch
Does Perry Electric install EV chargers?
Perry Electric Service is a New England leader in Electric Vehicle charger installations. We handle installation quickly and we ensure you are getting the best “miles per hour” of vehicle charging for an efficient system.
What types of smoke detectors are there?
There are two common types of sensors in smoke detectors:
- Photoelectric sensors are best used near kitchens and bathrooms and are not fooled by steam.
- Ionization sensors are best for detecting faster fires with lots of flames and less smoke.
Why should we choose Perry Electric Service?
Perry Electric Service has been offering quality electrical service for decades. We are a second-generation electrical company that takes pride in quality electrical work at an affordable price. We specialize in green home high-efficiency energy savings.
Do I need to be a homeowner to install an EV Charger?
If you do not own your home you will need written permission from the building owner to install an EV charger. This is required for permits. Also, some HOAs may require approval to install your charging station.
Do I need GFCI?
A Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter is a safety feature that compares the hot wire to the neutral wire at the outlet. If there is a difference of 1/10,000th of an ampere, the outlet will trip. These are required in the wet locations of your house such as kitchens and bathrooms.
What are the benefits of a backup generator?
- Continuous power supply
- Power for the entire house
- Automatic transfer of power at outage start
- Automatic shut off when power returns
- Functions at all times home or away
- Works with your LP or Natural Gas
- Eliminates safety risks from CO because it is outside your home
What's the difference between hard-wired and battery operated smoke detector systems?
Hard-wired smoke alarms connect to your home’s wiring and electrical system. They often require professional installation and may not work during power outages without a battery backup.